Course: Lockout / Tagout
Requirement: OSHA 1910.147
Duration: 4 Hours
Description: This course is designed to meet the requirements of OSHA for training of personnel who are assigned to work that requires them to work in, on or to service power driven equipment or hazardous processes requiring guards to be removed, by-passed or are required to place any part of his/her body into an area on a machine or piece of equipment.
Scope: This course covers:
- Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Hazardous energy sources
- Employee/Plant responsibilities
- Major causes of LO/TO injuries
- Review of company LO/TO procedures
- Demonstration of proper LO/TO procedures
- Demonstration of safety devices (lock, tag, hasp(s), etc.)
Who should attend:
Members of management, engineering, maintenance, refrigeration, safety production, human resources and security. A good cross section can contribute greatly to the overall effectiveness of any emergency response team.