Course: Respiratory Protection Training
Requirement: OSHA 1910.134
Duration: 4 Hours
Description: This course is designed to meet the requirements of OSHA 1910.134 for training of employers and employees who wear respirators as part of their job. Participants will be fit tested with their own respirators utilizing the irritant smoke testing protocol.
Scope: This course covers:
- Elements of the written standard operating procedures governing the selection and use of respirators
- Selection of the respirators based on the hazards
- Instructions and training in the proper use of respirators and their limitations
- Cleaning and disinfecting of respirators
- Proper storage procedures
- Fit testing
Who should attend:
Members of management, engineering, maintenance, refrigeration, safety, production, sanitation, human resources and security.
All participants need to bring (if being fit tested):
- Medical evaluation and opinion stating the user is qualified to wear a respirator (must be within the last 12 months).
- Respirator the user is currently utilizing (or a selection of sizes if you have not been fit tested before).
- High efficiency particulate filter (HEPA) for respirator (to be used for filtering irritant smoke).